As a school we value the support of parents working as partners with the teaching staff, sharing and celebrating successes and encouraging the children to make the most of the opportunities that are on offer through their education at Ballacottier Primary School. We ask all new parents to sign the Ballacottier Home-School Agreement.
The Key Points on the Agreement where parents can help are to: -
- Ensure that your child attends school every day during term time, unless there is a good reason for absence (e.g. illness).
- Notify the school by letter or telephone in the event of absence.
- Ensure your child arrives at school by 8-50pm
- Ensure your child wears the correct school uniform and has a PE / swimming kit in school when needed.
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines on learning and behaviour.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards the school and respect for the adults working there
- Ensure my/our own behaviour and language whilst in the school or its grounds demonstrates respect for others and sets a good example for children
- Attend parent/teacher meetings to discuss your child’s progress.
- Support your child with home learning that is set, including reading.
- Keep us informed of where to contact you in case of emergency and any changes in who collects your child from school.
- Promptly inform the school of any concerns or problems that may affect your child’s learning, behaviour or happiness at school.
- Support school in the teaching of safe and secure Internet use at home.